CONNECT FAMILY SUPPORT
INTERACT is an integral element of the family support which CIP provides to BME families and consists of ateam of Bilingual Community Navigatorswill assist families with children under five years of age within the following language groups, Arabic, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese & Romanian.
WHAT IS COMMUNITY NAVIGATION?
- A way of linking people up to activities and services in the community that they might benefit from
- About connecting people to non- medical sources of social and emotional support
- Bringing the community and families closer together
Our COMMUNITY NAVIGATORS AIM TO:
- Receive and making referral from/to primary care providers
- Provide information about how to access community resources
- Introduce people to activities
- Provide a point of contact to access services
- Support families to identify solutions
- Identify gaps in resources
- Work alongside and promoting mainstream services
- Recruit people into additional CIP support services.
HOW IT WORKS?
This service is accessible through a referral process, which may be made by a medical professional, support worker, family member or via self referral.
An appointment will be booked with a Navigator who will visit the clients at their own home and listen to their concerns, interests and needs. Based on these findings, the Navigator will explore a range of options so that clients may engage positively with appropriate services or attend support groups or community activities.
Should you wish to discuss the Community Navigator Programme, please contact the Project Coordinator who will provide further information about accessing the service or making a referral.
INTERACT is supported by Big Lottery – Strengthening Communities